Saturday 27 August 2011

Failing


Sometimes failing is easier than trying. Same as falling is to climbing. But sometimes it is worth more to keep trying. You see, when we fail we lose sight of hope. And when hope ceases to exist so does all meaning of life.



Yet we are creatures of habit, so we fail time and time again, never realizing our faults. We curse the higher power and blame it for this failure of a life we live. We know change is needed but deep down we realize it is almost impossible. Same as fire is during a wind storm.  This fire, it seems was meant to burn out, its small flickering light to be but a memory. Faded and cracked we look upon our past, only seeing broken hearts and shattered dreams. The good is there, I promise you that. It is mixed in with the bad, how easy it is to overlook it.



We reached out to each other once, trying to hold ourselves together, in the process we some how fell apart. I tried to hold you but when you looked in my eyes all I saw was failure. This shocked me to the core. Have I always been like this to you? We always said forever, but forever is cut short when we lose sight of hope and maybe even love.



It’s never been easy, but we never thought it would be. I sometimes wish the past would reveal all its dark secrets for just a couple of moments of peace and freedom. Those two things I have not heard of nor felt in a long time. Yet everyone seems to strive for them. Demanding their presence. They refuse to show.



Yet, you saw me. In my true form, you never let me lose sight of hope. Just when I trusted you and gave you my hope and dreams, you pulled them away from me. How selfish of you. I needed you but you refused to share. Now I stand here all alone, just I and my failure to keep me company. You see I gave up once you left. I never saw the point of trying after that.



But that was along time again. I get stronger with each day, and with each day you become a little less real to me. One day I figure I will not even remember you. I wish I could say that this though makes me sad but you see, after what you put my heart through, I figure it is the least I can do. That fire that burnt out during a wind storm is trying to rekindle it self. It will happen, maybe not for a while, but one day it could be strong enough to burn down a forest. Its failure just being a small part of its past..




No comments:

Post a Comment