Saturday 27 August 2011

Change


We all want to be something else. We twist and bend ourselves until we feel that we have somehow changed. God made it so that the caterpillar can turn into the beautiful butterfly. But you and I will never achieve our brightly colored wings. For just at the moment when we feel we have changed enough, we want to be something else.



I always wanted to be that person who could climb to the top of a mountain and find wisdom and peace, but my downfall you see, is that gravity keeps pulling me down. It pulls and pulls and pulls, until one day I will be six feet under and no longer caring about wisdom nor peace. 



I once tried to be like a flower. I stood in the sun and rain for hours. Begging God to be seen and yet still ignored.  At the end of it was still me, just waiting for my fall. For I will fall, out grace, out of sight, out of love. Somehow it always works that way. I will try to change my ways but it will achieve nothing, for at the end of it I will still be me.



Could you imagine, looking at the stars, so brightly, every night. Wishing for this life to get better, while your world crumbles down around you. I’ve been there, my friend, I want to say it can get better, but to do that would be to lie to you. And I can tell you have had enough people do that to you. You don’t want the truth, but you don’t want me to lie. I can only give you one or the other, the choice is yours, it always has been.



 I’ve only just met you at this cross road, but you will have to keep walking on this road, with or without me.  For your path is your own. You can try to change it, but maybe that change is all in the master’s plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment