Wednesday 3 July 2013

The world of the others



Where does one begin this tale?
I gave him up, for no reason other than it wasn’t meant to be.
I knew it was time.
But when you give someone up, you heart hurts.
And it gets lonely.
It craves attention, begging simply to be noticed.
In truth it was my own stupid fault.
The time came,
When the attention was received from another,
I jumped at it,
Not caring at the price tag that came with it.
Tell myself that this was just what I needed.
The whispers of my heart longing to be heard,
My head telling me that I should give this a wide berth,
But in that moment, how could I resist.
I had heard of his reputation,
Somehow I was able to push all that aside.
In those few moments, I felt fully alive.
Yet, after,
The weeks were filled with awkward silence.
Wishing I could talk to him,
Mention it again.
Maybe get more?
Yet the silence was there,
Never wanting to leave,
Like an unwelcome house guest.
Of course, with time
Things change.
And change they did.
After a night of tossing and turning
I heard him with another.
I guess a lonely heart does not sit still for too long.

1 comment:

  1. Oh but the attention you get from the creator of the universe is oh so much better.

    You deserve only the best my friend :)

    ReplyDelete